View Single Post
Old April 6th, 2004, 09:55 PM
Considering a Roommate

Default Re: Cruise Roomie - Female Only Wanted

Hi. I am a happily married, active, well-educated, middle-aged woman. My husband and I have always cruised together. He is unable to cruise during the Spring, and I see so many wonderful cruise bargains this season that interest me, that I am considering a share situation with another woman, not someone looking to "meet someone", but someone who just wants to have an enjoyable cruise vacation. I am not interested in inside or lower-than-promenade-deck outside doubles, and would prefer better accomodations. Not looking for a quick "cheapie getaway" or party cruise. I have no interest in the Caribbean, and would prefer to cruise out of San Francisco unless the itinerary is unique, such as Canada/New England and certain specific European cruises (ocean and/or river), if those cruises would end in Europe between end of June to mid-July when my husband would fly over to meet me.

I am a nonsmoker and it is very important to me that my cabinmate not be a smoker, either—not just someone who won't smoke in the room, but one who won't bring in smoke odors from outside the room, either. On the other hand, if we occupy separate cabins, that is less of a problem. I have cruised and travelled extensively and would prefer someone who has a real interest in travel and other cultures.

Although it would be great to find a compatible cabinmate, I would also consider cruising in separate staterooms on the same cruise, if the single supplement is not more than 150% max, on top of a great discount, in a well-located cabin, otherwise a true share will be necessary.

Does this sound like something you would be interested in doing? If so, please post here, and if you like, include an email address.

Bon Voyage!