View Single Post
Old March 6th, 2003, 06:12 AM
DebsCruise

Default Singles Cruising

I hear many horror stories about singles getting onboard a ship to find themselves traveling alone. Many companies who advertise a "singles cruise" do so because they've booked a small group of singles (under 10). It doesn't mean there will be private activities/events onboard exclusively for singles. I would scruntinize what they are offering (how many complimentary cocktail parties, games, events private to their group), how many singles they've booked thus far (not how many they expect), and how many singles cruise directors from their office are going to oversee the group. Every day I hear stories from disappointed singles who sailed with a so-called singles group only to find themselves actually being alone. Some companies rely on the cruise line's activities to entertain you, rather than organizing private activities for their singles group. It's important that you ask the right questions so that you have the right expectations. How long has the company been organizing singles cruises? How many groups do they book a year? What exactly are they offering that is different from the cruise line? Remember the old adage of you get what you pay for. I would book with the most reputable company to ensure you have a memorable vacation.
Sponsored Links