View Single Post
Old March 19th, 2005, 04:11 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to marvholly
Default Re: LOOKING FOR A CRUISE OF PEOPLE 50 AND OLDER

I am a single (widowed 8/03) , going on 59 living in metro Chicago who has cruised for 30+ years. I REFUSE to pay the single supplement (cannot afford w/ airfare and pre and maybe post cruise days). I am generally pretty live and let live. I am a smoker but willing to NOT smoke in cabin (did this approach with DD 3/04-love lido/prefer w/ coffee and whatever always avail). Strongly prefer late seating or freestyle/personal choice. Have sailed Carnival, Celebity and NCL in last 5 years. Like western itineraries, haven't done (but willing to try) eastern. Will do minimum 7 day cruises (air from ORD). Have enough vacation time (21 days/year) to do >7 day cruises. Have added on days b4 and/or after cruises in assorted cities to see them and/or get better air rates. Looking to cruise late 05, early 06 for carrabean or summer 06 for Alaska or Europe (eastern or preferably western Med). NOT wedded to any particular cruise line. All have advantages/disadvantages. $$ is a MAJOR consideration. Will do inside for 7 days. Strongly prefer OV in general and certainly for >7days.