View Single Post
Old November 29th, 2003, 06:01 AM
Passenger

Default Early or Late Seating

It has been so wonderful planning our first cruise with all of the very helpful advice given on these message boards. Thank you to everyone for all of their great suggestions.
We are sailing over Christmas vacation on Adventure of the Seas with 3 children, 13, 8 and 5.
The dinner seatings are 6:30 p.m. and 9:00 p.m.
With the 6:30 p.m.seating I am concerned that it will be very rushed getting everyone showered and presentable and ready for dinner by that time. We rush all year long with after school activities and I don't want us to feel rushed on our vacation.
On the other hand, 9:00 p.m. is quite late to eat. We were thinking of feeding the kids earlier at the buffet, getting them off to their evening activities and then enjoying dinner. Does this sound realistic? Ideally I would like to be able to eat with my kids in the dining room, but if we are going to have to stop our daily activities early to get ready then maybe it's not worth it.
Do most kids manage to sit through the whole dinner or do they eat quickly and then parents take them to their evening activity and then the parents come back to the dining room and finish their meal?
Any advice that you can give would be very much appreciated.