View Single Post
Old September 8th, 2005, 07:45 PM
norm rudolph

Default Re: Who has the best or worst food?

I would have to agree that the nicest presentation of food on the medium priced ships was Celebrity Line.

We sailed out of Norfolk this past May on a Bermuda cruise. Our Cabin was on the lowest deck of the Horizon, but we had a great table for six. The ship is being chartered for 6 months(Europe) after completing the Bermuda cruises. Can't say enough about the friendly crew, great Buffets, dining in the Restaurant. Bermuda is still quite expensive, but very enjoyable.

We sailed Silver Seas in January(10 days), and found the food and service not much different than Celebrity. In fact the very identifiable hamburgs served from the grill on the Whisper were identical to the ones on the grill of the Horizon( there are points on them like a star). Always fresh, never dry, and always good. Nice to know now that we could have ordered gratis the caviar on the Whisper, plus special orders. We were never informed by anyone, including the Maitre' d that special orders were welcomed. I think my biggest disappointment was the night Dover Sole Meuniere was on the dinner menu. One bite told me it was frozen. I asked and was told, "yes, it is frozen." The experience was definitely sad. Desserts no better than Celebrity, just fancier. They have also stopped serving Moet Chandon champagne except as an extra charge like the very premium wines.