View Single Post
Old April 4th, 2002, 10:38 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default What to pack......Crystal Alaska Aug.

We haven't received our Crystal cruise packet but I am already starting to think of what to pack. How cold will it be in Alaska early August....do I need my snorkel jacket and wool socks etc.? Formal, Casual and informal.........12 days.....Fall type clothing? I have some St. John outfits , some with the rhinstones and some city business ..most pants and Jackets..........would they be appropriate? They are great to pack.!!!!!!!! Do I need gowns and jewels for the Formal nights? :>)! It would be wonderful to have a web site with a Cruise Dresser!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyone up to that challenge? It could be fun and interesting. Everyone could send in what they have and a knowledgeable Cruise Person could guide them etc. I have been on many cruises and still can't get myself all together! I always pack tooooooooooo much and not always the right things. Daytime clothes are easy but even then on Crystal I am not sure jeans, sneakers and a sweatshirt will be acceptable & how many sweatshirts can you really pack.........I overheard a lady in a department store one day tell the salesperson that she and her husband had a whole room in their house organized just for their cruise clothing.........according to which ship. itinerary and season they were traveling. I remember thinking .........Wow........can you imagine etc. Not such a bad idea as I am plowing through my closet finding size A, B, C..etc. What about luggage? What size, Type and how many pieces each person. How much can you fit and how to pack? 12 Days at sea! This will be an attire & packing challenge! I'm excited and enjoying the anticipation of our upcoming adventure to Alaska on the Crystal Harmony. MJ
Sponsored Links