View Single Post
Old October 9th, 2002, 05:04 PM
MizSuzannah

Default Re: Re: Re: Pardon me, may I sit there?

Hi Bernie,
This exact scenario happened to me last Jan. on the Century....I walked outside tray in hand...table for eight and only two women sitting there...Excuse me (smile) may I join you? snob #1: "ABSOLUTELY NOT....WE DON'T EVEN KNOW YOU"...my mouth dropped open and I tried again, "Well, you're right....you don't....but perhaps it might be nice to ..." snob #2: "DIDN'T YOU HEAR WHAT SHE (snob #1) SAID??? SHE SAID NO."

In answer, I plunked my tray down and sat to enjoy my lunch. They kept yelling me and I pretended not to hear them....I finished my lunch in twenty minutes and left. The next day, I saw Snob #1 and Snob #2 at the Pool bar...I sat down next to them...."HI!!!" I said, with a big grin....Snob #1: "Do I know you??" Me: "YES!!!!! WE MET YESTERDAY!!!! Let's do lunch tomorrow, shall we???" (still grinning ear to ear).....She recognized me and nudged her friend, Snob #2...."Let's go"...she said..... The bartender raised an eyebrow and I told him what had happened.....he spoke to his supervisor....I got a free drink!!! :P)