View Single Post
Old January 15th, 2003, 11:36 AM
Evelyn Richardson

Default Re: Re: the British invasion

As an ex-Brit (naturalised American since l982) I can only agree with the original writer . I was on "Hamony" on S America cruise earlier this year and also had a British invasion. It seems that Crystal in order to "fill" the ship had allowed heavily discounted "package deals" which included hotel, air , cruise, up-grades etc (incl days in Ft Lauderdale and Orlando) promoted in what Brits would call "working mens clubs". You can guess the results. screams of laughter, shouted "good nights, see you for breakfast" in the hallways, complete disregard for smoking rules or dress codes etc

Even worse these people got their deals at far less money than loyal Crystal past passengers .

Crystal are still going down this "Sales, sales sales" road , they are in fact making their past passengers second class in favor of these groups. My latest cruise had college age students asleep on the floor of the Crystal Plaza in the afternoon (stoned perhaps?) same type bringing food down from deck 11 to deck five and sitting on the ornamental staircase blocking access while they ate hamburger and fries! At lunch and DINNER we had several females ( I refuse to call them ladies) who came to the dinning room with their hair in rollers even though each cabin had 2 (two) hair dryers.