View Single Post
Old October 19th, 2003, 01:45 AM
KerryM

Default Re: Stay home if you're FAT!

I, for one, am overweight. Not too much, but I can tell you that I'll never see the downside of a size 10. I've been on alot of cruises, and never worried about what other people wore or how they looked. But I can tell you, that I've also been to other countries and even the overweight people wore thongs and/or 2 piece swimsuits.

I was simply amazed! But it was great because they had so much self-confidence and respect for themselves. It doesn't mean that I would run home and find a thong (I confuse them with the ones for my feet) to put on. It simply means that they thought enough of themselves, not to hide away from having a fun time or worrying about what other people would say.

I'm going on my next cruise in three weeks and I was concerned because one of my favorite people wasn't sure she wanted to go because she was overweight. I'm so glad for these boards, because she called last night and gave me the fantastic news that she will be on board.

Life is way too short to worry about other people and their weight/height issues. Have a wonderful time on all your future cruises.