View Single Post
Old September 15th, 2004, 08:25 AM
First Mate

Default Re: people who go on cruises every month

Banker...

I feel your pain, I really do. You may hate to hear this, but DH and I consider cruising one of the lesser expensive vacation options available to us (can really watch specials, no air fare, can be flexible with dates because no flying...), so I count my blessing. It is also fairly hassle free due to the fact that we do not have to fly. We are leaving on 25 Sept to go to Miami, about a 5 hour trip from Tampa, and my husband and I and the four friends we are traveling with decided to take Amtrak. They offer 25% discounts to Carnival passengers. We got a ticket, r/t in business class for $73. We leave Tampa at 7:00 am, arrive Miami at noon ( the same amount of time it would take to drive) and I intend to mix up a batch of my now World Famous Bloody Mary's. If you have a little extra time, you may want to consider this option in the future. (the train, no my Bloody Mary's although if I ever met you I would be proud to serve you on of my Bloody Mary's....but I digress).

On another note, my DH and I consider Canada, specifically Banff, our very favorite vacation option but can only go there every couple of years because we love to stay at the Banff Springs Hotel and believe me, even with the USD/CAD exchange, we drop a lot of coin in one week. But it is worth every penny. I love Canada.

Welcome to Florida.....the Sunshine State!!!!

One questions...do you call Canadian bacon....bacon?

Royale 5/85; Oceanic 7/85, 5/86, 5/89
Veracruz 7/88; Fantasy 7/97;
Tropicale 6/98; Sov. Seas 6/99;
Sensation 5/03, 5/04; Glory 9/03,Triumph 9/04; Pride 3/05