Thread: Hurricane Comps
View Single Post
Old October 17th, 2004, 06:36 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
Default Re: Hurricane Comps

DavidB - I usually agree with you (if I don't I keep my fingers crossed so I can't type) - but in this case I think I can disagree with you without getting banned from the boards. You DO pay less for cruising during hurricane season - compare those rates to peak times and non peak times during the rest of the year (except for the 2 - 3 weeks between the US Thanksgiving and Christmas - typically a very slow time to cruise as people are gearing up for the holidays.) You are already getting a discount for cruising during the peak hurricane season, the contract clearly states that ports can be changed at any time for any reason........and people still want compensation for a missed port? (one that is not even ready to receive guests - AND which cruise already has a port of call scheduled at the nearest port open!) And if they cruise line were by some miracle able to extend their times in Cozumel and other ports (consider the high traffic volume there.........) would the passengers be willing to pay EXTRA in port charges to do this? The cruise lines would be slammed no matter what they did in this situation.

Post Edited (10-17-04 18:37)