View Single Post
Old November 11th, 2004, 05:22 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Key West

Teresa,
You've come to a great place for help. You WILL have lots of questions, but you'll get a lot answered here as well. The only thing is, you're going to be hooked!

Cozumel~ We've been there and going again in a few weeks. Love this place! We go to Chankanaab Park for the day. Lots to do to keep you busy. Of course, you'll have to do shopping as well. The cruise's will have a meeting that you can go to and they give you tips on who to buy from and who to stay away from. The places that they recommend, they guarantee I think. Just be prepared to be pestered here!( in cozumel) They stand out their shops and try to get you in. Give them a firm NO THANKS! and move on. Good place to buy vanilla!

Grand Caymans~ We're doing the Cap't Marvin excursion. MUCH cheaper than booking on the ship.
When you go to different ports, ask who others go to. Go to ones that are recommended on this board by MANY people. If you hear their name over and over and good reports, then you can be pretty certain they're reputable.

Key West~ Not one of MY favorite places. We did have an ok time. The weather made it to be a little miserable for me. VERY HOT AND HUMID. But we went in September. YOu're going at a better time. We went to the light house. Great views! Went to Jimmy Buffets to eat. Just did the Duvall crawl. (shopping along this street) Check out the key lime pie there!
Taking a trolley around can be fun. That's just to keep us cooler!

Have a wonderful time!!
Any more questions, feel free to ask. I'm sure you'll have many.