View Single Post
Old May 10th, 2003, 12:15 PM
Passenger

Default Longer Cruises & tips

Hi Guys. This is a cry for help from an Englishman who cannot get any sensible answer from any equivalent U.K. website. The question is very simple: what tips do you pay on an extended cruise as, for example, round the world? Many cruise lines now add an automatic tip to your onboard account (yes I know that you can get the purser to change this) We over here are somewhat new to the concept of tipping but I would quake at paying something around $2000 dollars to Cunard in tips for their recently offered RTW trip! Incidentally I note that P&O advise a tip of around $5 per day against Cunard $11 but this may well change given the new ownership of P&O!
I normally go along with the recommended rates but then, if charged automatically. give a little extra to those who merit it.
It may seem a stupid question but, in these days of mega discount deals, the added costs of tipping can have a dramatic effect on the overall cost of the cruise. Congratulations to Orient Lines for including such costs; shame they no longer have Crown Odyssey.
Paul
Sponsored Links