View Single Post
Old September 20th, 2004, 03:43 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: tipping on princess cruises

I have seen many messages about tipping and have just read them, I have not replied to them. Thought I would this time.
Like others have said, the crews on these ships work their butts off to make our cruises enjoyable. I have commented many times to my husband that if Americans had to work these cruise ships the service would not be what it is today. On the trips that I have taken, the food staff is almost running to get your meals out to you. Your cabin person is like a ghost getting in and out fast so not to inconvience you, but yet your cabin is always looking nice, and making sure that you have ice for your drinks.
I have been on cruises before and have overheard people talking among themselves that they are not going to tip. When I hear this it make me angry. These people have a good work ethic and take pride in their work to make our vacation pleasant, and by not tipping we are telling them that we don't think of them as being important, that their jobs are not important. Yet if their jobs were done half-way or not timely, you would be the first to complain. I for one thank these people for working hard for me. I do tip because they deserve their tips. People that are ungrateful for the work that the crew members provide should maybe rethink their vacation plans. Maybe going to Colorado to ski or to Florida to lay on the beach would be a better choice. That way you don't have people taking care of you 24/7 and then you wouldn't have to tip as much or at all.