View Single Post
Old October 9th, 2004, 09:44 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: 10 Dollars a Day Per Person?

There are 10 in my group... 3 teens staying in my room... 2 are my neices... I am assuming that they will be paying the $10 per day.... altough they are not my kids and it is not my $$$. I certainly will encourage proper tipping, and hopefully they will have saved enough to allow for it.

Let me put it this way...

I don't know what you financial situation is (nor am I asking!!!). Try to think of it this way... You make maybe $7 or $8 an hour at a part time job after school. You are presented with the opportunity to go on a cruise that is going to cost you a minimum of $1000 including excursions and transportation ect. Now lets say, you save all you can and have just enough to go. Are you not going to go, because you may not be able to tip the Matre D' at the end of the trip, OR.. are you going to tip the bartender for every glass of Coca-cola that is already overpriced, even if that may mean that you won't have enough $$$ for an excursion that you have been looking forward to???

I am only using this as an example.... It would be the same for a hardworking guy who makes minimum wage and wants to take his wife on a cruise for their 25th anniversary, or his family on a well deserved vacation.

I wasn't trying to offend anyone... I just thought that the people who are calling others cheapskates should try to look at things from a different point of view and realize that for some people it is hard enough to save for the trip, nevermind all of the tips that you are "expected" to dish out.

What would you do if you were in a similar situation??? Would you not go???

Carnival Inspiration Feb 19, 2005