View Single Post
Old November 21st, 2004, 07:31 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddlemama
Default Re: Stop the Insanity!

I tip and am happy to. When in Rome do as the Romans do. I teach my kids to tip. It is a thanks and part of the wage. Also it makes me feel good to show servers i appreciate them. I will pre-pay my tips on a cruise and give extras to those who make my cruise more enjoyable. That is why I go, to enjoy myself. I think that automatic pre-tipping is a wonderful idea. If everyone has to pre pay for tips (service charges) then those of us who do so voluntarily won't have to make up the difference in the stiffers. Maybe the automatic pre-pay tip fee will go down. It is not that high now. $70 for a week total on Carnival. My kids are paying for their own tips to teach them respect and to not take servers for granted. They are not slaves. They are people who work hard to please others. Because that is their job and they are accustomed to tips for their excellent service. To make our dinners and vacations more pleasurable. I would also be afraid to eat at the same diner twice after not leaving a tip for good service the first time i went there. Scary invisible things happen to the food of stiffers. I don't even want to go into detail. I have been a waitress before and even tho I never did anything disgusting to a known stiffer's food. Most waitstaff do. What goes around Does come around.

1st Cruise - Single Mom and 2 Teens - Carnival Triumph Western Caribbean 3-19-05 - All advise appreciated :o