View Single Post
Old May 2nd, 2005, 02:44 PM
Kari

Default Re: 10 Dollars a Day Per Person?

I have to say, that I have been a "waitress" many times in my life. So I am ok with tipping though I did not think about it for the cruise either I guess I assumed they got paid out of what my cruise cost was???? I am also a person who has been saving for years and a family of four, all of our vacations consited of camping, we haven't done the hotel thing much at all, if I were to guess maybe 10-15 times throughout the kids growing up.

I am a tipper when we go to that sort of eatery, but as someone else said above I tip on service not because I am supposed! If the server was awful, well then my tip reflects that, as did the tips I recieved. I have all my tips saved for our cruise and thankfully I will be HANDING them out and they will get all if they deserve it and less if thats what they give in service. Like I said I have been in that situation myself and I now have a decent career as does my husband, but working in that field, you can not and should not bank your life off of tips!!! For years both my husband and I worked 2 jobs each you do what you have to do to live the life you want. Just my opinion!!! and I can't wait to go, the tips are not holding me back now!!!

kari