View Single Post
Old October 12th, 2005, 09:56 PM
Passenger

I totally agree about not going off by yourself in Ocho Rios (which I do on any other island). I assume if you are asking this question, that you have not been there. So, if you have an opportunity to do something that is not available anywhere else in the world, like climb Dunn's River Falls, why would you want to miss it? We did a private tour with someone by the name of Belinda, and British woman whose name we got from the cruise critic message board. They took us to Ferngully, which was lovely, and to a pottery factory, which was extremely interesting, then on the Dunn's River. That was 2 years ago. About 10 year ago we were there as well, and I did not climb, but walked along the side will my husband climbed with our sons. I am 52, not in perfect shape, but had a great time doing this. The pottery faxctory was an interesting experience, not just to watch them at this hand made craft, but to see the apprentice program they have with high school students. I believe there is also some kind of plantation there to go to if you want, we did that on our first trip as well.