View Single Post
Old June 18th, 2004, 02:14 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: somewhat disappointed

We went the least expensive route and booked an Inside guarantee, but we were upgraded to a 4G when Carnival ran one-day upgrade special that allowed us to upgrade to the highest level of room in our category. I contacted my PVP and she gave us the upgrade. We ended up on the Panorama Deck with an inside room instead of the Riviera Deck where we started out. I guess that's something. I was told that an upgrade from one category to another category is rare, although not totally unheard of.

(Be careful what you wish for though. My sister in law took an Alaskan cruise last year and learned upon arrival that she'd been upgraded from an inside to an outside balcony room---she was sooo excited until she realized that it NEVER got dark outside! She was wishing for an inside room after the first "night".)

At the time I booked I just couldn't justify spending an extra $600 for a balcony....we figured we could use that money for excursions, shopping,etc, considering the small amount of time we'll actually spend in the room. Next time, though, I think we'll go for the balcony anyway. This time, I can always hope to be upgraded to another category...it's highly unlikely, I know, but it's fun to dream.

Post Edited (06-18-04 14:46)