View Single Post
Old November 4th, 2005, 04:47 PM
Yeoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogfuzz
Canuck- Had to support you , I got sniped at on another topic for saying the Empress was dirty. Maybe we just have higher standards of cleanliness and not used to stained chairs, dirty carpet ,dingy towels and dirty carpets ,dirty shower. Some people guess live that way and doesn't bother . I clean

1st cruise and expected "Westin" and got "Howard Johnsons" Enjoyed cruising am booked again but have lower standards. I would have thought a suite and the main dining room would have been in better shape. I know old and I know clean

Fitza- I didnt write a complaint letter, didnt complain on ship, not wanting anything for free, have family if I want to fight with someone dont need to fight with internet people. just expressing my opinion
Your first mistake was expecting Westin Quality. I do not believe that Westin is the nicest hotel in the world, and when I stay at a Westin, I expect a mediocre experience. I am not a messy person, and I am used to the finer things in life. That was just the way I was raised. I was raised on 5 star vacations, and 5 star hotels. Always 1st class. But I never expect to much out of an experience. That way, when I get there, I am not dissapointed by the little things. You can't expect a ship with thousand of people from all walks of life to be clean everytime you are on it. That is why they have dry dock periods. No matter how hard they try, it is going to get dirty and will be in need of repairs. You are talking Royal Caribbean, not the Ritz Carlton. It is an affordable vacation. Its not ever going to be 5 star. There are cruise lines that are. Maybe you would prefer them. I am not trying to start a fight either. I am just stating my opinion and experiences.