View Single Post
Old November 15th, 2005, 11:22 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel1975

. I read somewhere else they are fixing the one engine this week. There are four engines, so this one engine didnt slow them down that much.

Hi,
NCL has been using that line '' fixing the engine this week '' for past 3 1/2 months !!!!
They've got another thing that's in need of fixin' :: Their credibility.

3 engines out of four will keep a ship safely operational,,,,but the loss of power is enough to restrict your maximum serviceable speed to a point where your schedule cannot be met. They've had to deal with the fallouts from that since early August on the Alaska runs, and wherever she's been since......and still it is not fixed !!!If I were a stockholder, I'd be a bit miffed when examining the huge expenses in '' refunds'', '' shipboard credits'' and other '' compensations & P.R.'' expenses triggered by that ship's voyages....

Losing power in your ship is one thing....losing face in your operations is something else altogether.

Cheers

CG

Nest up: CENTURY June'08....B2B Norwegian Fjords/Artic/NorthCape & Scandinavia/Russia

TIME TO BOARD YET ??
CLAUDE G