View Single Post
Old November 18th, 2005, 10:36 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to DocJohnB

I don't want to belabor the point and become known as a flamer, because that is certainly not my intent, but I do want to make a couple of comments about your responses to me.

1) You in reality did make a contract with her (or the staff). Unfortunately, like many (including myself) you didn't read the contract (in a manner of speaking). Closing time was noon, you got back at 12:30. You say
Quote:
If I did contract her for say two hours and waltzed back after three then yes, that is rude
. What is the difference - you were unreasonably late. You say
Quote:
I was late in getting my son because I was ignorant about the procedures. I am guilty of that.
and
Quote:
I was ignorant in how a beeper works.
, neither of which can be blamed on the caregiver. You were at fault here, not the caregiver.

Was she rude to you?? - I will take you at your word and assume she was. You wrote
Quote:
I think being rude to an ignorant person is not warrented.
and I totally agree, but would add that being rude to anybody is never warranted nor is it acceptable.

But the thing that most bothers me is your last statement.
Quote:
I know what it feels like to have to be in her position- a lowly service person.
Why would you even consider the caregiver of your child to be a lowly service person? Especially in the context of the whole sentence - as you apparently were a service person at one time in your working life.

Just for the record, I am not a Doctor (of any kind). Doc is a nickname I have been called for the past 45 years.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body, BUT rather to SKID In BROADSIDE, completely used up, totally worn out, and SCREAMING "WOW---WHAT A RIDE!!"