View Single Post
Old December 1st, 2005, 08:01 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliviafrances
thanks for your information. Can anybody tell me whether an itinerary MUST say Inside Passage if they sail there, or do you assume you're doing the Inside Passage if the itinerary says ports like Sitka, Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway, etc? This is confusing to me because I'm looking at lots of itineraries and sometimes they actually say "sailing the Inside Passage" and sometimes they don't but the ports are the same. Help!!!

ALL Alaska cruises can claim Inside Passage, that is the only way to get to Juneau or Skagway. The big difference is the routing getting there. Get yourself an inside passage map- detailed more than the rough copy in the cruise brochure. There many differences and ships now overall sail far more outside open ocean than they did 10 years ago, when they sailed all the narrow passages the entire trip. Overall, HAL takes great care in their routing with excellent captains that are interested in the wildlife and scenery. NCL, RCI, Carnival also have interested capts. Celebrity however has the worse, with some cpts. not even allowing the ship naturalist to announce sightings- (direct information from my ship naturalist friend, he never even went in the bridge this year).