Thread: Aruba beaches
View Single Post
Old December 7th, 2005, 10:53 AM
Yeoman

I thought I replied to this but guess it didnt go through. Im interested in this as well. We are on RCI Brilliance leaving on the 23rd. Ive been doing research on beaches in Aruba. It all depends on what you want. Baby Beach has gotten good reviews-if you have small kids since its shallow. Only thing is that it doesnt look like there are facilities, shade, and its 40 mins away. Boca Catalina got good reviews for snorkeling but again, no facilities around. It looks like the closest ones to the pier are Palm and Eagle beaches. They are in front of the hotels so you can find food, bathrooms, and other goods close by. They claim they have decent snorkeling too. Another thing, Santa Claus at the mall mentioned that any beach you go to you will be sand blasted due to the trade winds. Hes been several times and said the best thing to do is rent a jeep and go off on your own. He said the opposite side of the island is beautiful-all the natural sites, a little church on top of a hill, etc. It looks like theres a little tidal pool you can swim in, but can only get there by jeep. That side of the island has some wicked currents, etc so swimming is not a good idea from what Ive read.

Ive been trying to contact De Palm Island about going there as it has a lot to offer. I tried to sign up through the ship, but they wont let me sign up my 5 mos old daughter (min age is 2). I may just sign up and leave her off, then tell them when we get there since they dont bother to respond to messages.

alison
PCL-Caribbean, Alaska, Panama Canal
12/02 RCI-Enchantment-Western Caribbean
12/03 RCI-Navigator-Western Caribbean
12/04 RCI-Mariner-Eastern Caribbean
12/05 RCI-Brilliance-Panama Canal