View Single Post
Old December 8th, 2005, 12:46 PM
Beginner

Send a message via ICQ to fau mos Send a message via MSN to fau mos
Default life on carnival, being a purser

hello people, well next year I will start to work with carnival in the purser department and i'm very excited about it, and I was wonderind:

first of all I want to tell you that it's my first job on cruises.

Will I be able to be on the land for some days once in a while having my relatives living in Us? (if I will get the chance to stop close to them)

Woriking hard doesn't scares me at all, but will I be able to negotiate some day off once in a while on my contracts?

Any good advice to deal in the contract that I will go to discuss?

Will I be able to make my own family? at list, will I have the possibility to see them 2 or 3 times during my work contract? (i personally can believe that having a family can be sad like that if you can't see them in 6 months)

I'm going to try to make a career overthere, I think it's an amazing life, but generally, how many years is average time to arrive to be a chief?(working hard and good)
Will I be able to change department if I do not like it? working on cruises gives to you a good resume if one day, I wll look for a job off board?

How hard is it go get a Job off board after years that you work on a ship? is it possible? I'm not Us citizen

Thanks a lot people, I know it's a lot of questions, but I'm new, and I'm sure you will understand my feelings about it very well.

thanks a lot
Sponsored Links