View Single Post
Old December 24th, 2005, 12:10 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl
Paul what itinerary would you suggest for a Silversea newbie?
CruiseMates offers up-to-date itineraries for Silversea here:

http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/...tineraries.cfm

They offer so many great itineraries it is hard to choose just one. As I said before, if I were personally to choose one I would look for one that no other cruise line offers (because I tend to do most of my travel by cruise ship, as you may start to do yourself as you learn the benefits of seeing the world by ship as opposed to taking a cruise ship as a vacation unto itself as a Bahamas cruise usually is).

It also depends on what part of the world YOU want to see. In the next 18 months Silversea is offers 5 major continents: Africa, N & S America, Europe & Asia, including the Far East and Middle East.

Their Middle East cruises are proving to be very popular cruises, mostly because these are not typically thought of as tourist destinations. These for example:

Code:
Silver Wind, Mombasa to Dubai, eight nights, February 6, 2006 via the Seychelles and Oman. Round-trip from Dubai, eight nights, February 6, 2006 to Muscat, Oman; Fujarat, U.A.E.; Bahrain; Doha, Qatar; Abu Dhabi, U.A.E.. Dubai to Port Said, 

14 nights, February 14, 2006 via Muscat, Oman; Safaga, Egypt; Aqaba, Jordan; Sharm-El-Sheikh, Egypt; Suez Canal with two days in all ports except Sharm-El- Sheikh. Port Said to Athens, nine nights, February 28, 2006, via Beirut, Lebanon (two days); Tartous, Syria; Rhodes, Greece; Kusadasi, Turkey; Nafplion, Greece. Athens to Lisbon, 

12 nights, March 9, 2006 via Dernah and Tripoli, Libya; Valletta, Malta; Barcelona, Malaga and Cadiz, Spain. Athens to Barcelona, 

10 nights, June 21, 2006, via Dernah and Tripoli (overnight onboard), Libya; La Goulette (Tunis), Tunisia; Valencia and Palma De Mallorca, Spain. Rome to Istanbul (overnight onboard) 

15 nights, September 16, 2006 via Lipari, Italy; Valletta, Malta; Tripoli and Benghazi, Libya; Alexandria, Egypt; Beirut, Lebanon; Tartous, Syria; Rhodes, Greece; Kusadasi, Turkey. 

Athens to Rome, seven nights, October 10, 2006 via Santorini, Greece; Dernah, Libya; Tripoli, Libya; Valletta, Malta; Amalfi, Italy.