View Single Post
Old December 26th, 2005, 08:52 PM
Admiral

Cheryl,
Merry Christmas!
We cruised around Hawai on the NCL Star. It was a good cruise except the ship was so new it was creaking all day and night. It always sounded like someone was coming in the door and kept everyone awake at night. Lots of ppl were buying earplugs and even trying things like Tylenol PM. An elderly friend of ours went 3 months after us and she was so upset about it too that she had written a letter before she left the ship. I haven't heard anything recently about the ship so maybe it doesn't do that anymore.

Anyway, it was my first time seeing Hawaii and I loved it. I just wouldn't do the Luau thru the ship again. Too many ppl and it took up our time in Maui. We had to get passports for this trip because the ship stopped at Fanning Island which not required anymore. Our friends are booked on the newest NCL ship for this summer and they said it's over $5300 for two so far. It was probably the most expensive cruise vacation because of the airfare. We got a good deal on the air thru Pleasant by booking 2 pre and 1 post nights.

Happy New Year!

Teresa

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302