View Single Post
Old January 1st, 2006, 09:58 PM
Admiral

I agree with you about the Comfort Inn. I grew up in the area and we used them for our reunion. You have to book a room in the "newer" section if you want a nicer room. Many ppl will recommend the Radisson at the Port which is the closest hotel to the port. We enjoyed our stay but also thought they were over priced for the rooms and it gets very crowded on cruise day. People were shoving, yelling and pushing even with scheduled shuttle times. A taxi would be about $10/including tip. We prefer to stay at the Hampton Inn about 3 miles down A1A from the port. They have a nice pool, walkway to Cocoa Beach and a complimentary breakfast. If you book a room on the 8th floor, you can have a wonderful view of the ocean from your balcony. We had a rental from Budget - their return in only 1/4 mile south of the port. I also saw Art's Shuttle picking up ppl for $5/pp. If you arrive Saturday early enough, try and have dinner at Grills at the port and watch the other ships leave. Grills has a website with a 10% off coupon that we used and they have good food and music.

Teresa

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302