Thread: Pool parties??
View Single Post
Old January 11th, 2006, 10:00 AM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyCruiser383
Thanks Daysatsea. I sure wish Carnival would have longer cruises. I chose the Infinity because it's 11 days out of northern California. Two weeks (B2B cruises) is just a bit much for us.

Is the canned music pretty boring? Do the bars have 'get up and dance' king of music?

I appreciate your input!
I never really noticed the canned music as it is just background - so I guess it is like elevator music.
There are only two dance floors - the Rendez-vous lounge where ballroom type music (fox trots, rumbas, cha chas, swing, etc) are usually played by a duo and a lounge on deck 11 forward which usually has the feature band playing as well as DJ. This lounge serves as the disco. On most of the cruises we have taken the disco is usually dead by 1 or 2 am (depending on the demographics of the passengers). There is usually a quitarist in the evenings at the aft bar on the pool deck. There is a pianist or quartet who plays in the Cova Cafe. The martini bar is above the rendez-vous and you get the music from the rendez-vous. During the daytime, those lounges are quiet places to read or relax.
If you are looking for a party ship, I would say Celebrity is not what you are looking for - especially on a longer cruise when school is in session. If you are looking for a relaxing adult experience where you are pampered to no end, then Celebrity is for you.