View Single Post
Old January 14th, 2006, 10:08 AM
Passenger

Default I'm looking for advice

I'm planning an Alaskan cruise for 4 adults (age 37-65 fairly energetic).

This will probably be a one time only trip, so we want to make the most of it. There's so much information on the internet that I'm not sure which itinerary or which cruiseline. I have so many questions, I don't know where to begin.

We're looking to do 3 nights on land first and 7 nights on a cruise. Is Anchorage a good place to start? We're looking at the month of August. I've read that's a good month for weather and whale watching. What about Fog? Are there certain times of the year that fog interferes with the view? Pricewise, what are the best months?

I'm guessing we'd depart from Anchorage and sail to Vancouver. I believe most itineraries include Ketchikan, Skagway, Juneau, College Fjord, Glacier Bay National Park. Would we be missing anything by choosing this itinerary?

We are also interested in cruiseline that doesn't require the formal dress code. We're going for the sights, so I imagine our days will be fairly busy, just looking for casual evenings. The boys particularly want to be able to wear cotton pants and shirts in the evenings. If we miss the evening shows, that's no big deal to us. And we don't care about gourmet dining. I know that's the tradition of cruising, but we're only choosing a cruise because I understand it's the best way to see Alaska.

So basically, I'm looking for advice in every area.

Thanks
Sponsored Links