View Single Post
Old January 14th, 2006, 08:43 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Ship's "SECRET" cabins

Quote:
Originally Posted by R&S
More info than secret...

If you want an Aft Balcony Cabin on the Conquest, the only room with a convertible sofa is room 6454. It makes it easy if you have more than two people in your room.
We have been so blessed.

On our last Carnival cruises (Oct 2005), we were looking, at first, into sailing the Mediterranean on RCCL. Then a call came from a PVP from Carnival in Aug 2004. I had placed my name on a Carnival WEB site form and, by gum, this vacation planner had a great deal for me. First she offers the $200 credit, then she put us in an 8A balcony cabin, which, clever of me, I had the layout of Conquest-class Carnival Liberty's cabins near the phone.

Wow, we got one of the extended balconies (Upper Deck 6481) for the same price we would have negotiated with RCCL! SHE WANTED OUR SALE!!! We were only happy to oblige.

It is understood that, because of threads like this one, you need to book quite well in advance any of these SECRET cabins. I just learned of one of the cabins I would go for next. But, the call of #6481 keeps haunting me !!!

Our room was very lovely. I loved that room... The configuration is l-shaped with little space for furniture other than table and chair, hence no sofa. **You have to know what your personal need is before you take this room.** If it's the extended balcony that appeals to you, then this is one you may consider.

Surprisingly, the Comfort Bed made the trip for us (We walked and walked and walked on our own tours). Never have I slept in such a comfortable bed on land nor at sea. The balcony was like extending the size of the room for us, only with a window/door bearing wall <g> Please make sure to ask your steward for the ... hey, I can't stop!!!

Suffice to say, when we returned and she had a follow-up call to us, we booked with her at a good price for the 3 person aft cabin on the Valor.

Wish us another great trip, this time with our granddaughter in tow. It has been her wish since she was nine to go with us on a cruise. Since she had been told to wait until she was 12, she apparently has been counting the years and checking with us about our future cruises. Oh. this is going to be FUN!