View Single Post
Old January 18th, 2006, 10:39 PM
Admiral

Jukebox,

I find it strange that there are so many fashion salmons in the world. (my term) People that want to go on a cruise and then to prove something to themself they have to swim upstream and attempt to find ways to buck the time honored system.
I think if people would do a little research and see the requirements of a cruise like then they can fit themselves to that like. If you don't want to adhere to the conditions of the line select another and make your life happier.
I for one feel that it is not going to shorten my life to abide by the rules of the line so why not go along. Is the short time we are on the cruise going to make someone a maryter because they bend or break the rules?
One of the laws of nature is that "water seeks its own level" cruisers should do the same and cruise the line that fits their style or bend for a few days and don't complain.

I agree completely.

For the record, here are some alternatives for those who don't want to dress up for formal nights.

>> 1. Oceana Crusies offers an all-casual cruise experience in the "premium" segment of the market.

>> 2. At least some Radisson Seven Seas cruises are all casual.

>> 3. I understand that Norwegian Cruise Line operates "formal optional" evenings where those who do not want to dress up do not have to do so.

>> 4. Windjammer Barefoot Cruises is noted for the causal experience that its name implies.

>> 5. As Brian pointed out, many of the lines that operate smaller vessels are strictly casual. These lines include Cruise West and American Canadian Caribbean Line (ACCL).

This list os far from exhaustive, but it is a starting point for folks who don't want to dress up for the evening events.

Norm.