View Single Post
Old January 19th, 2006, 01:21 PM
Admiral

Paul… How wonderful to finally here from you.
Quote:
but not for the purpose of mis-quoting us in a bad light. But I thank you for bringing an important misperception to light. I suppose some people have believed we do this simply to sell our group cruises. Nothing could be further from the truth.
Would you please point out where I quoted, much less misquoted, anyone. At no time in my post did I mention money. I said “VALUE?.

Quote:
And though it would probably be wiser for me not to respond to allegations most people know are not true, because we are good people, I have a hard time not standing up for us when someone claims otherwise.
Where did I say; you are NOT GOOD PEOPLE.

Quote:
If we stopped doing CM cruises right now it would not affect our bottom line one iota (might even improve it).
Let me post one of many scenarios pertaining to "bottom line". I know Kuki is a major mainstay to the CruiseMates organization and I admire his abilities as a writer like most around here. I too enjoyed his many reviews. I also realize that if he had to personally pay for all these cruises himself, they would become rather limited, and rightfully so. I guess he’s expendable as well.

Quote:
If we stopped doing CM cruises right now it would not affect our bottom line one iota (might even improve it).
To say it would not affect the bottom line one iota is a travesty, because affect (monetary, readership or hits) eventually lead to the bottom line.

Quote:
there are no free cabins.
To say there are no free cabins is not true.

Paul, believe me, I am very grateful for the free public form here. I feel very close to the CM family including it’s staff, and I have never claimed they are bad people, as you have insinuated. You are the one that stated all us at chit-chat are unimportant in the scheme of things and are not good for business.
and laughing is contagious,
heres hoping for an epidemic!