View Single Post
Old January 22nd, 2006, 06:33 AM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2cruise99
From my experience you will have no problems wearing jeans to the show. I have done it on all 3 of my Celebrity cruises and I have seen others doing it as well. Some people change right after dinner or dine at the casual alternative and then attend the show afterwards. I think the reports you have read have either been exaggerated or have been people dressed EXTREMELY inappropriately (shorts, raggedy torn jeans, etc.). I have never seen fashion police standing at the door checking attire on the way in, so as long as your overall appearance is nice, I think you will be fine.
I have seen someone turned away from the show on a formal night who was not in formal dress - and they were NOT "dressed EXTREMELY inappropriately (shorts, raggedy torn jeans, etc.)" - the woman had a simple pair of slacks and a plain pull over shirt. But that was once out of all my Celebrity cruises.
Jean S - the daily does state the evening dress is required (bolding is by Celebrity) in all public areas of the ship with the exception of the casual dining boulevard. If you are casually dressed, will you be turned away? - probably not. Could you be turned away? - possibly depending on how strictly they are enforcing the code on that particular sailing.
Galaxy-11/99
Horizon-Adults only-11/02
Century-1/04
Millennium-12/05
Century-1/09

Mercury-Alaska-6/00
Millennium-Transatlantic-9/01, 10/03, 11/05
Zenith-Special Caribbean 11/06
Back to back Millennium 28 days - Mediterranean 11/18/07, Transatlantic - 12/2/07