Thread: Pool parties??
View Single Post
Old January 22nd, 2006, 06:46 AM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanS
Dayatsea,

Are you serious?? Celebrity will actually TURN people away from the after dinner show because they changed after dinner?? We usually DO change after dinner because we like to be comfortable on our vacation, and who wants to be uncomfortable on their VACATION??? We get dressed up for work in the real world, and for the formal nights, I would have a REAL problem (and believe me, they would too!!) if they tried to deny us entry to the after dinner show....after all, they have taken our money!!!

I truly find that hard to believe....
I personally have seen someone turned away from the show on a formal night because they were not appropriately dress. The daily does state the evening dress code is required (Celebrity's bold) in all public areas except for the casual dining boulevard. Will they turn you away? - probably not. Could they turn you away? - possibly.
We cruise Celebrity for its ambiance and service. Before our first cruise, our TA asked us a lot of questions about our likes and dislikes and based on our answers recommended Celebrity. Celebrity is quite upfront about its dress codes and even give suggested dress. They do not state it as a must in the info but say it is requested. If a friend has a party and requests a certain dress, you would follow it. Requested dress is a polite way of saying what type of dress is appropriate.
It is only in the past couple of years that Celebrity has listed the word required in the daily. In the past it was just listed as evening dress code.
Galaxy-11/99
Horizon-Adults only-11/02
Century-1/04
Millennium-12/05
Century-1/09

Mercury-Alaska-6/00
Millennium-Transatlantic-9/01, 10/03, 11/05
Zenith-Special Caribbean 11/06
Back to back Millennium 28 days - Mediterranean 11/18/07, Transatlantic - 12/2/07