View Single Post
Old January 23rd, 2006, 12:18 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Luvtocruise99

I said I was done with this thread and here I am responding again. I just can't keep myself away.

First off, I apologize for getting some of the quotes mixed up. It gets confusing keeping it straight when multiple people are all quoting each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bububr
Now I do understand clothing IS different fro cell phones. But my point is that It IS possible for someones anticipated experience to be dampened by someone how CHOOSES to not adhere to policy, whether suggested, asked, or recommended. NO it won't ruin the entire trip, but someone IS NOT GETTING what they paid for, that was advertised, and contracted to by purchasing the experience.
But there's the rub. I also want what I paid for, was advertised, and contracted to by purchasing the experience! I was advertised a ship that offers a casual dining alternative for those not wishing to dress formally for dinner. I was advertised this without any disclaimers informing me that utilizing this service would limit my evening's entertainment options.

In fact, I was further led to believe that formalwear only applies to the main dining room by statements on Celebrity's website such as:

For the formal nights, including the Captain's Welcome Aboard Cocktail Party, dinner on the second night, and the Captain's Farewell Dinner held the next-to-last night of the cruise...; - Since this statement was followed by a description of the casual dining alternatives, it can lead one to believe that dress codes only apply to the dining room.

Dining in jeans detracts from the overall ambience and is therefore not allowed in the main dining room after 6:00pm.; - Again, only the main dining room is mentioned in regards to a dress restriction.

Evening dress codes apply to main restaurant dining. - Can't get any clearer than this. Main Restaurant Dining = Dress Code.

The more I read here and on Celebrity's website, the more I'm convinced that Celebrity is talking out of both sides of its mouth. Deliberately being ambiguous so that they can appear to be all things to all people. It would be all too easy for them to clarify these issues if they weren't trying not to turn off potential customers.

Okay, I know I said I was done with this thread before, but I really mean it this time. As entertaining as these boards are, I have a real life to attend to now.