View Single Post
Old January 28th, 2006, 02:25 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Y2C

Mike,
Call Celebrity and ask for the "Special Needs Desk", inform them that you are bringing a scooter. There may be forms requested by Celebrity.

There might be restrictions as to width, height, weight and type of battery that operates the scooter, check it out with Celebrity.

As for ports you will need to inform guest relations on docked ports on which deck you can get off, same for wheel chairs. The crew is very helpful.

Tendered ports are 50 - 50. Once again arrangements need to made for the transportation of you and the scooter. Normally you need to tell them a time when you disembark the ship for a tendered port. The crew needs to be advised so there are enough to load the scooter on a tender and off at the dock. Same for return from the port, a time needs to be given.

On the ship there is no problem as long as the scooter is stored in your room and not the hallway. The public areas are wide open for parking.

If I can help more just click on my name above the picture of me and do e-mail or PM (private message).

You will love Panama. It is a wonderous sight to see and history.