View Single Post
Old February 7th, 2006, 05:46 PM
Beginner

Thanks for the response Harry. We are renting a car in Hilo and in Maui( to do the road to Hana ..we are in that port 8am-10:30pm). In Hilo we will go to the Volcano in the morning then do the coast in the afternoon. Our goal would be to get to Akaka Falls with some leisurely stops along the way. Is that realistic?
I had thought about doing the ships tour of the Place of Refuge or do a morning snorkling tour and then poke around Kona as you suggested instead of the car rental. I do have a bad habit of wanting to see everything .
In Kauai will be doing the Heaven and Earth Helicopter trip (6hrs total) sightseeing the north shore (Hanelei bay ect) and a helicopter tour.
Our second day in Maui (lahaina) we are going to go do a walking tour of Lahaina, take the train to Kaanapali , whalers village and the beach.
I have the Hawaii entertainment book so I have some 2 for 1 coupons. We are staying 5 nights in Waikiki before we board the Spirit. This is our first visit to Hawaii. Celebrating our 25th Anniversary!!
Karen and Keith