View Single Post
Old February 16th, 2006, 04:26 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to roonie Send a message via MSN to roonie
Default Travel Companion for Disabled Cruisers

We recenlty got home from our very first cruise which was aboard the Explorer of the Seas. We had a wondertime time and were very impressed with everything! While on the ship, I did notice a few folks who had varying degrees of disabilities. I saw loving family members taking care of them but thought how nice it would be if they had someone to help care for the person so they all could just be "on vacation" together. As a certified nurses aide, I had the idea that I might like to do this. I looked online and there doesn't seem to be alot out there for people with disabilites where travel is concerned. I made a few inquiries and within hours had 2 different people contact me. It just amazed me. Although I have worked for many years with young and old alike, I didn't think of ther travel end of things. I hope to be able to help many singles, couples or families experience the joys of travel and relaxation together despite any disability. It really is amazing what you can see when you just open your eyes.

Sponsored Links