View Single Post
Old February 21st, 2006, 11:35 AM
Cruise Maniac

We did this one 3 yrs. ago. I live north of Boston so we were able to drive to the pier with no flying, so that kept the cost down. Bermuda itself is a gorgeous island, St. George where they dock is a pretty place and it is fairly easy to get all around Bermuda by buying a multi-day pass so you can ride the buses and the ferries. Have you cruised before? Just be aware that the Majesty is one of Norwegians smaller, older ships so it is very different from so many others out there now. The staff when we went were great so that made it enjoyable. When you go can be important, also. We booked last minute and went at the end of Aug., lots of children. Weather during the week was fine, but coming home we were running ahead of a hurricane and the seas were very rough and it is a small ship. No matter when you go, the Atlantic is much rougher than the Caribbean so be aware of that also if you are prone to motion sickness as I am. We did enjoy ourselves and loved Bermuda so I might do this one again if the price was right. Good luck and happy sails........