View Single Post
Old February 26th, 2006, 07:59 PM
Beginner

Default Just off the Caribbean Princess - 2/25/06

My family and I just got off the CP yesterday. We had a wonderful cruise. The weather on a scale of 1-10 was a 14. Sunshine and brilliant blue skies everyday.
We read all the postings prior to sailing. Several people had issues with food, service, etc. My family did not encounter one thing that we would call a negative. I won't bore people with a lengthy review, just some highlights:
We arrived at the port at 1:30 p.m. We were on the ship within 15 minutes. Embarkation was a breeze. Have cruised twice before and this was the easiest embarkation we have encountered.
The ship itself is beautiful. It's very large but we thought it easy to navigate. Our stateroom was on the Baja deck, #431. Mid-ship with a balcony. The balcony was covered. Room was a bit small for four of us but it was very nice. Our cabin steward, Wilson was fabulous. He took care of our every need.
During our cruise, we found the help to be very personable. We were always greeted with a hello or good morning.
We bought our children the soda stickers. (27.00). Sticker comes with a nice insulated container. Never had a problem getting it filled at any bar or dining room.
Pools are fresh water and they are wonderful. Caribbean music at one pool and the Movies Under the Stars at the other main pool.
Our sailing was totally sold out but we were always able to get a chair near the pool and in the sun after breakfast.
As for the full ship, it never seemed like there were 3200 people sailing. Seating was always available in the dining rooms for breakfast and lunch. As for the buffets, they were busy but there were no long lines.
We chose the second seating for dinner at 8:30 p.m. This allowed us enough time to enjoy a full day at the pools or in the islands, etc. and still get ourselves ready for dinner. Our head waitress was Alexandra. She could not have done more to make each dinner enjoyable. Food at dinner was great. Steak is available every night along with shrimp cocktail and fettucini. This is in addition to three different appetizers each night.
On a scale of 1-10, I would rate the food on the ship a 9. To be sure, not everything on the buffets was a hit but most of the dishes were fresh, hot and delicious.
The hamburger/fries and the pizza grill were a big hit. Both were great.
We didn't take in the entertainment every night but what we did see was enjoyable. Bert Stratton was fabulous. Comedians were very funny.
Disembarkation was orderly and fast. We had a 10:25 a.m. flight and we made it to the airport and through security with 45 minutes to spare.
All in all, this was a cruise my family and I won't soon forget. We have cruised on Carnival and RCCL in the past. We enjoyed them very much, also. Based on this past cruise, we will by booking Princess for our next cruise.

P.S. If anyone has questions regarding the CP, I will attempt to answer them honestly.
Sponsored Links