View Single Post
Old March 8th, 2006, 06:22 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Western or Eastern Caribbean??

Quote:
Originally Posted by nozumie
We are going on a Carnival cruise for our honeymoon this august. We are trying to decide if we should go on an eastern or western caribbean cruise?
It all depends on what you like. If you are into the History channel then the Mayan sites such as Tulum make the Western Caribbean worthwhile. To me at least, Jamaca wasn't anything special, except to say I'd been there. Grand Cayman is nice place( water, 7 mile beach, clean, pretty) but very touristy. Cozomel is pretty beaches and tourist shops and little else that appeals to me.
All things considered, I liked the Eastern Caribbean much better. St John USVI is my favorite island of the Caribbean( so far). It's mostly a US National Park which means it's not a tourist trap. Beautiful beaches( Trunk Bay) and few if any T-shirt shops. San Juan has A LOT of history to explore plus rainforest. Naasau has its historical side. On some Eastern sailings they stop off at a private Island in which I enjoyed.
I just returned from a wonderful cruise on the Carnival Legend to Panama, Costa Rica, and Belize, which are "real" world places for better or worse.

Read and post cruise reviews

Read and post cruise reviews
/ticker.png">