View Single Post
  #1 (permalink)  
Old March 24th, 2006, 06:58 PM
NanaShrek NanaShrek is offline
Senior Member
First Mate
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 277
Default What would you do (booked on Star Princess 4/2)?

What would you do if you were in my shoes? Here's the situation:

Cruise Connections (bus to the pier) cancelled us for Star Princess 4/2, saying that Princess called them to tell them the cruise is cancelled. I called them back and they insist that Princess called them to cancel.

Our TA has spoken w/Princess and they say that 4/2 sailing has NOT been cancelled, but the person she spoke with thought it would be, and suggested we wait until they announce something before we do anything. I also called Princess myself, and was told the same thing. I wasn't looking for a freebie, I was just hoping they'd let me rebook without penalty. I figured if they would, I could book the NCL Jewel cabin that my TA is holding for me just in case mine is cancelled. I hoped they would consider that I'm a platinum member, and that I would definitely sail with them again.

I find it very hard to believe that the ship would be sailing in a week. Even if they do some work while it's at sea, I can't imagine that it could be made even presentable by then. If it were my company, I don't think I'd sail it as is - sometimes looks do count when $ is concerned.

Would you take the chance that they are going to cancel 4/2 and go ahead and book another cruise? I could leave the Star booking open and book the other. I realize if they don't cancel, I'd be out the money.

So what would you do?
__________________
NanaShrek
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links