View Single Post
Old March 25th, 2006, 08:15 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbomar
I also think that smoking on cruise ships needs to be banned or at the very least restricted to designated areas that are monitored continuosly. It has been a concern of mine that when I go on my first cruise next year that my balcony will be next to a smoker and I will have to put up with their smoke in my space. Whether a cigarette caused this fire is not important as far as I'm concerned. It is an accident waiting to happen and I think the cruise lines would be terribly negligent not to address this issue. Why should cigarette smokers be allowed to engage in an activity that puts the whole ship at risk?
I agree...I think it is a wake up call!

We need to be aware of the environment we're in. We're at SEA...OPEN water... on a ship. Yes we have all the wonderful amenities of a classy Hotel...but we are solely dependant on the integrity of our floating hotel, and skill of the staff and crew.

Even if it is found that a cigarette was not the cause...Why tip the odds? Why should we allow others to be flippant and play the lottery with our lives? Why be stupid?