View Single Post
Old March 28th, 2006, 10:37 AM
Passenger

Wiscguy I hope you had fun on the Mariner. I will let you know about the Brillance outside of this post like you asked.

I believe the special interest group excuse they give is a cop out. It is not like we are some some unknown minority in the country. Or that we are are group looking to participate in nefarious activities. We are a valid and recognized community. It is also why I believe they should call it a LGBT gathering. People who are not in favor of a LGBT will stay away. Friends of Dorothy creates such curiosity to people who dont know (& women with the name of Dorothy) and if a passenger inquires what it is, it makes it seem like we are hiding us too. Cruisemates.com has a section for us on their website, that should signify to them that we are not just a special interest group. I doubt many members of Cruisemates are offended by it, so why would it be an issue on the ships?

Anyway, I just will not travel RCI again. Besides, Princess is much nicer as a cruiseline regardless of the homophobia or not.

19 cruises total on all different lines including RCCL, NCL, Celebrity, Princess, Holland America and Sea Dream. Our 20th Cruise is October 2007 on the Mariner of the Seas.