View Single Post
Old July 25th, 2004, 12:40 AM
First Mate

Default MS Mardi Gras Memories

I was wondering how many people on this board sailed on the Mardi Gras back when Carnival owned it. This was prior to the many mega and super liners we see today. What are some memories you have of this ship, good and bad?

I remember sailing on her on a four night cruise from Port Canaveral to Nassau and Freeport. We had great table mates, and an awesome cabin steward named George. I remember our waiter talking all week about how he wanted to get transferred to the Fantasy because it was such an amazing vessel. This was back in 1991.

I also remember being on the ship and how the air conditioning was broken all but one day. Than God for an outside cabin so at least it cooled off at night.

We sailed in tandem with the other old ship in Carnival's fleet at that time, the Carnivale. The two ships chased each other around the Bahamas for 4 days. It was my first cruise, and I will never forget it. This old ship was like 19,000 tons (miniscule by today's standards), but it sure got me addicted to cruising.

Please feel free to share your memories if you feel so inclined.

Carnival Mardi Gras - July 1991
RCCL Viking Serenade - November 1994
Carnival Pride - September 2004
Sponsored Links