View Single Post
Old April 23rd, 2006, 09:52 PM
Beginner

Hi,

I was on the Valor in February. The soda cards are well worth it if you drink 4 or more a day. The free drinks would be, water, ice tea, fruit punch, lemonade,apple juice and milk, in the dining room it's just water but the bar staff will come around to get a soda etc. The kids fountain card is a little less expensive than the adult one I believe, I think the adult was around 40.00-45.00.
The additional cost dining is a nice atmosphere, slower pace and slighlty bigger portions, but that's it. I would stick with the dining room next time.
A couple that was with us used the internet inside and paid as hey went, next time they'd buy a package as it's much cheaper if you're there every other day and I did see WI FI as well.
For excursions, the best beach is in St Martin on the French side; Orient beach. This is a partial nude beach but they stay on there end, mostly 55+. Get a cab there when you get off the ship, you can rent chairs when you get there and there's all kinds of water sports.
On the second last day I believe they have a special on laundry, wash, dry and fold, so you atleast you won't have to take all dirty clothes home, what ever you can fit in the bag for around 15.00 a stateroom. They also have laundry for 2.00 a load i believe.

Hope this helps a little.