View Single Post
Old April 28th, 2006, 07:32 PM
Cruise Maniac

Always opt for balcony cabin when sailing with my hubby. He's not much for crowded public areas....when on vacation he needs calm & quiet space. We most enjoyed the luxury of a balcony suite when on our Alaska cruise with the Sun Princess. We had the largest suite (one of only two in the rear of the ship). The suite had 3 rooms and 2 bathrooms....total luxury. While I went off on shopping sprees in ports he enjoyed relaxing on our balcony. One day a pair of mating bald eagles perched themselves on the railing of our balcony; needless to say a once in a lifetime experience for my husband to behold. He was literally frozen in awe and didn't think to grab the camera to lock the picture for us. Also while navigating through the Alaskan Gulf we watched pods of Orca breeching and sounding behind the ship while in motion; I doubt that anyone else had the view that we enjoyed. Also on occasion we were able to have our complete dinners delivered to our suite so that we could dine on our balcony in private (very romantic!). When cruising with anyone else, we usually get regular balcony cabins mostly for the convenience of having our own lounge chairs outside - too tired to fight with chair hogs on decks!