View Single Post
Old May 9th, 2006, 05:42 PM
Passenger

Default Valor - Riviera Deck

Hi everyone,

Sorry for all the questions, but I am new to Carnival and not entirely sure what to expect. One thing is for certain, I am EXCITED to go.

Anyway, my family and I are booked on the Valor (9.10.06) on the Riviera Deck. I'm not a very experienced cruiser and it has been almost ten years since my last cruise! I went in to my travel agent and this is one of the packages she offered us. I liked the sound of the Valor, so we booked it.

Since we booked I've spoken to a couple people who are very experienced Carnival cruisers and have even been on the Valor. They seemed to be divided into two camps -- those that think the Riviera deck is inhabited by rats and cockroaches and not worthy of human life and those that think that the Riviera is a great buy for cheap $$.

I had one guy tell me the Riviera is the slum of the ship and one tell me he always books the Riviera deck because there are cabins above it (as opposed to the dining room or whatever) and that it is quiet.

Does anybody have any thoughts on this? Did I make a mistake? I'm not bothered about the size of the cabin or anything like that -- I don't plan on being in there hardly at all! But it would be nice if it were somewhat quiet as I am a light sleeper.

Just looking for your experiences. THANKS!

Ang

"In dreams and in love there are no impossibilities" ~ Janos Arany

Sponsored Links