View Single Post
Old May 12th, 2006, 04:51 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Who can fix Celebrity pod problems

With the recent announcement that the Summit is being pulled agian due to "pod" or propulsion problems. Who will or can really fix this serious problem on all the millie class of ships.?
The manufacture of the system is Rolls Royce and they seem unable to really solve premature wear of the bearings.
As a shareholder and big fan of Celebrity I am really concerned about the wear and tear of affected ships and the cost to parent company when cruises have to be cancelled.(not to mention how these incidents affect passengers and or prospective Celebrity cruisers. (I know I shy away from millie class ships as twice I have had my voyages cancelled.)
Alstrom has already settled with Celebrity, but how how long will Rolls Royce drag drown the profits on the millie ships or better yet fix the problem. I know litigation is still going on,but if this problem isn't fixed how can anyone determine the value of there mistake.

I am so glad to see the next class of Celebrity ships will come from Germany's Meyer Werft yard.
Sponsored Links